Homeschooling with LEGO® Bricks - Geometry

Homeschooling with LEGOS, Learning Area using LEGO Bricks, Learning with Legos
 
 
Summer is on it's way!  I look forward to a little time off during the summer.  As a homeschooler, there are not set days that you have to go to school.   We school two days a week over the summer so, I won't forget what I spent time learning all year.  Since we school year around we can enjoy a flexible schedule all year if we want to do something fun. 

Over the past couple of weeks, I have been studying Geometry in my Abeka curriculum.  Mom found a way to use my LEGO bricks to help me understand finding the area of a square and rectangle.  This helped me to understand it better.

There are two ways of figuring this out.  Either you can count all the studs to find the area or you can use the formulas.  We used the formulas and then counted the studs to verify our answer was correct.  This made it really easy to understand.

I would love to hear how you use your LEGO® bricks at school.

Happy Building and God Bless,
CJ

Comments