How Do You Homeschool with LEGO® Bricks?

LEGO® bricks are a big part of homeschooling for our family.  We love the challenge of making things out of LEGO® bricks.  Some people see LEGO® bricks as just a set.  They build the creation, break it down, and put it away to build some other time.  I am excited about each set I get.  I build the set and play with it for a little while.  It usually sets on my shelf until it gets broken from playing with it or I need some pieces to build a new creation.  Then I break it down and the pieces join my collection.  The manual is placed in a box with my other manuals in case I decide to build it again.Then I have a nice collection of bricks to create anything I want with no instructions.  I have been asked if I just build from other peoples instructions, the answer is, no.  My creations are 100% mine and created as I go.

Today I would like to share with you some of my little brothers creations from our Geography Fair this past year. He studied England, and now every time he sees a Union Jack he says it's his country.  He did a awesome job on these with very little help.  I am surprised at some of his creations and am proud that he is creative.  He will be really excited to see his creations on my blog today.  So, if you like them leave us a comment or hit the thumbs up on Facebook.   I know that some mentioned that they had difficulty commenting. I made some changes to the comment section, and I hope it will be easier for everyone that wishes to comment.

Homeschooling with LEGO Bricks - England Creations
Flags of  England made from LEGO® bricks and a mini figure Royal Guard

Homeschooling with LEGO Bricks - England Creations
Home of the big bell "Big Ben".  I like my brother's English Frog. 
Cheers!
CJ

Comments